Following Up a Successful First Date with a Latina
Sometimes, you just know when you’ve hit it off with a girl.
You had smooth conversations that flowed naturally.
You talked about your interests.
You laughed, giggled, and smiled throughout the whole day (and even the day after).
No doubt about it, your time with her has tugged a string in your heart.
Now you’re here wondering, what happens next?
What do you do after a successful first date?
Should you call, should you text, or should you just show up on her doorstep?
Either way, you should take the initiative to follow up.
It’s not every day you stumble upon a potential love interest.
While it might be true that there’s a sea of Latinas out there who are single and ready to go out on a date with you, the chances of you getting along with them on your first date are slim.
Now that you’ve found one that you have a spark with, go out there and find a way to get yourself a second date.
How Soon After a First Date Should You Text?
There are tons of varying rules on the internet that will tell you to text her within a certain timeframe, such as the three-day rule, forty-eight-hour rule, and the twenty-four-hour rule.
All have their respective explanations and arguments on why you should follow them.
Well, they’re all nonsense.
You don’t have to wait to look cool and mysterious. Don’t fear looking desperate when you know that you’re not.
You had a successful first date, it’s natural to follow up immediately and continue where you left off.
In fact, a recent study found that women prefer you text them immediately after the date. According to some of the collated answers from the survey, they don’t have time to play the waiting game.
If you don’t call or text within the first three days or even the day after, she’ll assume you’re not interested and move on with her life.
Likewise, 79% of the interviewed women said that they won’t answer their phones anymore after that period has elapsed.
In other words, you don’t have to wait. Text her the moment you feel like doing it. If it feels right, then it must be.
Text Messages to Send After a Great First Date
You’ve finally decided it’s okay to make contact with her. But wait, you ask yourself “What should I text after a first date?”
Don’t overcomplicate things. It’s as easy as writing what’s on your mind. Think about what you want to tell her.
However, if your brain has turned into mush because you’re head over heels attracted to this woman, you can text her the following:
- “Have you gotten home safely?”
- “Good morning, beautiful. Do you want to have brunch with me?”
- “Last night was great. We should do it again sometime soon!”
- “Just wanted to say hello and see how you’re doing.”
- “You mentioned *insert restaurant* had the best *insert Latin food*. Do you want to check it out this Friday?”
- “Want to hang out this weekend? We could watch *insert movie title here*. You mentioned *insert actor/actress here* is your favorite actor/actress.”
It’s usually difficult in the beginning, but all you need is a good opening message and a conversation will naturally follow suit.
Here’s an additional tip: Use emojis in your texts. It gives the receiver an impression of what you were feeling while you composed your message. It also makes your texts look cute and helps your conversation be more engaging.
Starting a Conversation
You’ve sent the first message and she replied. However, the text you received from her doesn’t warrant a reply, though you still want to continue talking to her.
So you scratch your head while trying to think of something to talk about, like the first date topics you had prepared during your date.
That brings us to the question, how do you communicate after a first date?
First of all, you need to stop overthinking it. If the spark is there, you won’t have to try too hard. Although we get it, you really like her. If possible, you want to keep talking to her.
Here are some tips to start a conversation through text with her:
- Ask random questions.
- Pick up on a conversation you had on your date.
- Discuss the possibility of having a second date.
- Plan your second date.
That’s as straightforward as you can get. No need to make the process difficult for both of you.
Be direct and make your intentions known straight from the bat. Remember that time lost cannot be retrieved. So stop beating around the bush.
Common Mistakes to Avoid
While you may have hit it off from the start, it’s not a guarantee that it will stay that way forever.
To save your heart from the emotional and mental turmoil that rejection and failed potential relationships bring, here are a few things you should take note of and avoid doing:
1. Don’t excessively text her — Avoid bombarding her phone with multiple text messages. Overtexting makes you appear clingy and needy. Learn to give her space and time to reply.
2. Don’t neglect other potential matches or dates — To be clear, you haven’t sealed it off with her yet. It would be a shame if you close yourself off to other possibilities and romantic connections because you’re fixated on this one girl. You’re not even sure if she likes you the same way you like her.
3. Don’t ignore red flags — Love makes you blind. Ask your close friend or family’s opinion. They’ll honestly tell you when something’s not right with the girl you’re pursuing.
Overall, dating Latina women is a unique and fun experience on its own. You’ll have some hits and some misses. But if you believe in the possibility that someday you’ll meet the Latina woman of your dreams, she’s bound to show up.
She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not
If, somehow, it didn’t work out between you, you can still go out there and meet other Latinas. Don’t let one failed attempt at dating ruin your chances of finding genuine love and connection.
Be brave in the face of adversity.